Publishing Manager (Chinese Speaking)
JoyPac is a mobile games publisher working to extend the reach of addictive titles from Western markets into APAC, and create global smash hits. With a team of industry veterans located in Copenhagen and Beijing, JoyPac’s mission is to make it as easy as possible for developers of hypercasual to casual games to find success in new territories, increase their yield, and reach more players than ever.
As part of the JoyPac team you will be disrupting mobile game publishing in APAC. This position is an opportunity to learn and grow in a fast-paced, growth focused environment. You will be part of an international, distributed team, working hard to achieve the best results for our developers and partners. We’re looking for self-directed people who are great communicators to carry JoyPac’s vision forward.
In this position, you will have business development, product and account management responsibility bringing great, hypercasual/casual mobile games to the APAC region. This position reports to the COO.
- Own product and account management of individual games throughout their entire lifecycle, from soft launch to ongoing operations
- Act as the key contact for the publishing agreement, communicating clear and complete status of the project to all internal and external stakeholders
- Have a good understanding of the assigned projects and a good command of the production processes, platforms, and technologies in order to give the right instructions to the team, review deliverables, and ensure contractual obligation are met
- Liaise between game developers and internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of publishing services
- Work with our operations team to establish central functions needed to support game launch and operations, including shared tech, marketing, and analytics
- Onboard developers, studios, and publishers onto our ecosystem and tech stack, including analytics, monetization, store distribution, etc.
- Assist in vetting games/studios, contract negotiations, building business/marketing plans and other activities related to business development
- Assist with identifying and conducting outreach to game developers, building trust and transparency with them, to fill publishing pipeline (including travel to studios, partners and conferences as needed)
At JoyPac, we’re open to various levels of experience, but candidates will ideally have:
- Outstanding knowledge of mobile game operations (especially development processes, soft launch, market/competitive landscape, marketing and promotion, and analytics)
- Proven ability to define, set and track metrics on game performance around performance marketing, retention and ad monetization
- An interest in working with a truly international team; Experience working in China and/or speaking Chinese is a plus
- Passion for mobile games, especially casual to hypercasual genres
- Equally at ease dealing with game developers, designers and business functions
- Self starter, ability to work in ambiguous situations
- 2+ years of casual, mobile game production experience
- 4+ years total work experience
- Good command of Mandarin Chinese (A1 level)
- BS engineering, business or equivalent